When reflecting on
the expert from The Blue Sweater and thinking what to write for this post, I
could not help to think about my country. After signing a peace treaty last
years and at a time of political elections, I don’t see really any improvements
but only division among the people. This made me think that in order to start
building peace in the country and help change the world, it is important that
we start by looking inside and ask ourselves what we can do as individuals to become the best person we can be, and thus
start making changes in the world. I believe the change starts within us, and
that in order to help others we need to help ourselves first,. We need know
ourselves, and make sure that we are in a good place. We need to understand the it is ok to be
different and that we have to respect on another in order to thrive as a
society.
On another
thought. Since high school, I have been
part of different organizations that work with children in need. Either coming
form low income families or having disabilities. Through these experiences, I
realized how gratifying it is to serve
others, and that I enjoy working with children. Thus, one of my goals is to be
able to create spaces for children and young people where they can have access
to quality education, healthy food, and
are able exploit their imagination and creativity trough the arts. I see this as a way to keep the youth
from being in environments full of violence, drugs and alcohol by
giving them the opportunities to learn,
dream, and be prepared for their future.
Hi Angela,
ReplyDeleteI think politics is the hardest problem on earth! Each party has their own view and often times they can not tolerate each other. That is when the war starts. They claim they are doing good for the people. However, the truth is many civilians die because of the war started by these people. I agree with what you said. One way to avoid violence to educate next generation and provide them with good education.
---- Wei Zhang
Hi Angela,
ReplyDeleteTotally agree that change starts within ourselves. Maybe if more people did volunteer work the world would be in a better state. We can all accomplish a lot more as a society if everyone works together.
-Haakon
Hey Angela,
ReplyDeleteI agree that in order to help others, you must help yourself first. If you are not in the right state of mind, you won't be your best person and later not help people the way they need to be.
Hi Angela,
ReplyDeleteI appreciate the insights you shared in your post regarding your own country, and where you volunteered. I agree with everyone above who also noted it is important to help ourselves first and be ready for change. I like your idea of working with children and creating a safe space with access to education and nutritious food. I think this is a great idea, but I also think we need to create a system where local people can continue to monitor and grow from a safe place. In other words, create a sustainable safe place solution.