After graduating from USC, I want
to work in the music industry. I am not sure in what area of industry I would
want to work, but I am interested in A&R and tour management. In order to
have a better idea about what I want to do, I plan to continue interning in different
areas of the industry in order to get more experience and knowledge.
I am similar to my parents in the
sense that I put my family before anything. They are the most the most
important aspect in my life and even though we might have conflicts, we are
always there for each other.
I differ from parents in the way
I see many things in life. The experience of living in foreign countries has served
me to expand my horizons and open my mind. This, sometimes conflicts with the
way my parents think since they are very conservative in some aspects.
I set expectations for myself and
I am very persistent in order to fulfil them.
One the persons that serves as a
model for me is my grandmother. Unfortunately, she passed away last year, but
she was a fighter. She started suffering from a degenerative illness that let
the right side of her body paralyzed, comprising some of her vital organs. Despite
this, she would everyday put her best clothes and lipstick on, had with a smile
on her face, and shared kind words with everyone. She always saw the positive
side of life and fought to stay alive until the last minute. From her, I learn to
stay positive, and that life is beautiful and it is worth to live it to the
fullest despite any obstacle.
Ever since I was a child, I have
loved animals. However, the one I connect the most with is the lion. I don’t
know if it has to do with the fact I am Leo (I really don’t think so), but I
think lions are majestic and have always felt fascination for them.
In the country house of my
family, there is a tree located at the top of a small hill. Ever since I remember,
I used to go there to sit under the tree. There, I would look at the clouds,
think, and read. During this winter break, I went back to the country house while
I was in Colombia and sat down under the tree again. Even though, I haven’t
been there in many years, I felt the same peace I used to feel as a child.
Hi Angela,
ReplyDeleteI cried when I read about your grandmother. She indeed was a true fighter. I liked you said "life is beautiful and it is worth to live it to the fullest despite any obstacle."
Claire
Hi Angela,
ReplyDeleteVery sorry for you lost. Your grandmother could be a very positive role model for many people. Keeping ourselves beautiful even though we are at a bad situation can give us confidence and hope. I am also with you about family comes first. I have a huge extended family too, and family will always support you more than anyone does.
Violet
Hi Angela,
ReplyDeleteI too am so sorry for your loss. When I lost my grandmother it was very difficult, but I found comfort in her memory and the lessons she left behind. My family also comes first, and I would do anything for them. I look forward to getting to know you better in class. Thank you for sharing.
Best,
Emily