Friday, January 19, 2018

Growing a Farmer

Timmermeister’s simple and straightforward writing style serves him to grab the attention of the reader and make his story easy to follow. After reading the first chapters of Growing a Farmer, I think that the book is going to be very interesting. Making the decision to turn your life around and chase your dream life can be very scary and risky. This story seems to serves as an inspiration to not be afraid of changes and making mistakes. I look forward to learn more about Timmermeister’s path to become a successful farmer.


One of the things I liked the most about starting to read the book is that it made me start thinking more about the food I eat and the restaurants I go to. Additionally, while reading the second chapter I learn details about farmers’ markets that I did not know before. Farmers’ markets are very popular in LA, and we even have one every Wednesday at USC. However, I never stopped to think about how a they work and all the regulations that they required.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angela,
    I enjoy browsing through the farmers' market. Have you heard of the "Good Karma Cafe" outside the school's church? They've serving yummy organic food every Tues, Weds, and Thurs. I love eating their food; it is homemade and made with lots of fresh, organic ingredients that leave me energized throughout the day!
    -Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Angela,

    I think you did a good job summarizing the first couple of chapters. I agree with you about Kurt's experience to start living as a farmer. Making decision and doing something new is risky and challenging. I also appreciate that you too have realized from the book that the association between the food we eat and how they are produced.

    ReplyDelete

A World We Dare To Imagine (Part 3)

Crecer Soñando An organization that seeks to create spaces for children coming from vulnerable situations, where they can have...